CCIQ Beenleigh Yatala respects and values the privacy and protects the personal information of others who we engage with including members, customers, employees, contractors and other individuals including visitors to our website. This privacy statement outlines how we collect, use, disclose, store and otherwise manage your personal information and comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Act).
How we collect your information
The main purposes for which we collect personal information are:
• to maintain contact with members;
• to grant members access to exclusive online information;
• to assess the eligibility of members and facilitate their access to other services;
• to provide a subscription service to members that have elected to take part in our e-newsletter service;
• to notify and keep members and contacts informed of the events, services and service offers we provide and of current developments;
• where it is necessary for us to provide our service and to enable others to provide services which we have informed you about and which you have requested we facilitate for you;
• to register members to attend events;
• for recruitment and employment (including expressions of interest in working for us);
• to enable us to make submissions to legislative bodies about policy development;
• to advertise or promote your business;
• for administration and management purposes.
We may also collect personal information about you from your use of our website and information you provide to us such as, for example, if you use the website to contact us to register for one of our services.
CCIQ Beenleigh Yatala will not collect personal information unless the information is reasonably necessary to enable us to undertake one or more of our activities.
Unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so, CCIQ Beenleigh Yatala will collect personal information directly from you. Sometimes it may be necessary for us to collect your personal information from a third party, or from a publicly available source. We will only collect personal information in that way where we are permitted to do so under the Act. Where personal information is collected from another party, CCIQ Beenleigh Yatala will take reasonable steps to inform you of the collection, at or before that time or, if that is not practicable, as soon as possible after collection.
The type of personal information which we will ordinarily collect includes your name, contact details, email, your IP address, payment details or account information (including your credit card details) if that is necessary and insurance details (and claims history). Where relevant, we may ask you for other information. In particular, in order to confirm your membership and to perform our services, it may be necessary for us to collect details of your occupation, your organisation and details of directorships, shareholding, and other professional memberships.
We will not usually seek to collect sensitive information (e.g data relating to race or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, political preference, criminal record, physical or mental health, or sexual orientation from you. However, you acknowledge that such information may be collected (including inadvertently such as via photographs or other records) by us. You acknowledge that information may be contained in documents or other records which you have provided to us.
If it is necessary for us to collect sensitive information, although you again acknowledge that we may collect such information inadvertently, we will obtain your explicit consent to collect and use such information.
You do not have to provide us with any personal information if you are a visitor to our website and you may choose to remain anonymous or to provide us with a pseudonym if you do not wish to reveal your identity.
However, you should be aware that by remaining anonymous or in providing a pseudonym, we may be unable to properly provide services and advice to you, or the nature and extent of that advice may be limited. We may also be unable to properly respond to any request, particularly in the event that we may have a conflict of interest or concern in relation to the dissemination of information to an unknown party.
How we use the Information
We use the personal information collected for various activities including:
• to perform services or provide products to you, including where we provide a service for you or on your behalf to a third party;
• to assess your eligibility and facilitate your access to our publically available services
• to respond to your requests;
• to provide you with further information about CCIQ Beenleigh Yatala;
• to promote or market our products and services to you;
• to facilitate the provision of products or services to you by others at your request;
• to promote your services to other members and to the community;
• to assist in making submissions to legislative bodies about policy development;
• to organise conferences, functions, or seminars; and
• to comply with our legal obligations.
We may use your information to market our services, including by email, or to provide you with information from other providers which we think may be of interest to you. You will have the opportunity to elect not to receive further marketing information from us by writing to the privacy officer, whose details are provided at the end of this policy. We will endeavour to process your request within 21 days of contacting us. Alternatively, if we have contacted you by email, you may use the unsubscribe function in that email to notify us that you do not want to receive further marketing information from us.
We will hold your personal information for only as long as is required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law.
We may share your personal information with third parties who we contract to assist us to provide the services requested by you. Those third parties may include service providers who assist us in performing our services such as our accountants and auditors, mailing houses, other professional advisers, experts who are contracted to us and other CCIQ Beenleigh Yatala members.
If we provide your personal information to those persons, we will require that they protect your information in accordance with the standards contained in the Australian Privacy Principles and other applicable privacy laws. We will never sell your personal information.
CCIQ Beenleigh Yatala may transfer your personal information to our related entities or it may be accessible to other entities to fulfil the purposes identified above or for some other related purpose which you have consented to or for which you would reasonably expect us to use the personal information.
At present we do not provide your information to entities outside of Australia and do not store, process or back-up your personal information on computer servers or networks which are located overseas or in “the cloud”, including where services are performed by service providers who are located overseas. In the event that your personal information is provided to overseas entities, we will take all necessary steps to notify you and to ensure that the security of the information is maintained and that it is used consistent with this policy and our obligations under the Privacy Act.
In the event that CCIQ Beenleigh Yatala, a related asset or an aspect of our business is acquired, transferred or merged with another company, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective or actual purchasers. If we do so, we will require that they hold your personal information in a manner which is at least as secure as we have previously.